Exclusive solutions to meet your needs
RBC Indigenous Wealth is a specialized team of experienced trust professionals, dedicated exclusively to working with Indigenous clients. As the first trust company to recognize the need to specialize trust services for Indigenous clients, we remain the industry leader when it comes to working with First Nation, Métis and Inuit clients on matters affecting their communities’ trusts.
We know that our clients invest significant time and effort to reach settlement or agreement with government and industry. These agreements represent an opportunity for communities to achieve their vision for the future - it is critical that these opportunities are managed according to the community’s goals for current and future generations. Our focus on relationships and our commitment to client education ensure that our clients’ needs are well understood and thoroughly addressed.
Using RBC Indigenous Wealth to protect, preserve and further your settlement offers a number of benefits, including financial responsibility, permanence and continuity, experience, expert knowledge and specialized trust accounting systems.
Our Indigenous Wealth services include:
We provide comprehensive trustee services to support the management of Indigenous trusts. Our services include:
- Reporting to and communicating with co-trustees, leadership and community members
- Ensuring that trust assets are invested according to the Trust Agreement
- Holding, managing and reporting on various types of assets to ensure the trust is protected and preserved
- Administering trust accounts
- Distributing income and/or capital, and paying authorized expenses
- Responding to any legal and tax inquiries in consultation with our in-house legal and tax departments
- Ensuring compliance with tax reporting
- Providing ongoing education and training for our co-trustees and leadership when it comes to trust and investment matters
Agent for trustee services
We provide support and act alongside individual trustees. Our services include:
- Providing administrative services to individual trustees who are managing a trust
- Responding to directions from trustees and performing specific duties as requested
- Maintaining detailed records
If you are simply looking for administrative support while you manage a trust, we can help by:
- Providing security of assets
- Collecting investment income
- Facilitating the settlement of trades initiated by investment managers
- Distributing funds and paying expenses
- Preparing customized reports, including investment and transaction statements
- Providing year-end tax statements
In addition, other services, such as banking and investment management, are available through our RBC partners.